DIY: Sweet Lemon Water
Posted on September 04 2019
Nothing is more refreshing than ice cold lemonade on a hot summer day. Whether it’s from the kids lemonade stand down the street or a fun event with a “Lemonade Bar”, it’s a true summer time classic. Not everyone loves the tartness of some lemonades so we recreated our own rendition and we call it, Sweet Lemon Water. Using simple ingredients, you can create a drink that is just the right amount of tart and sweet, leaving everyone wanting more!
While this recipe may look simple, don’t underestimate its depth of tasty flavor for one second. From small family BBQ’s to large events and gatherings, this Sweet Lemon Water is always the talk of the party. It’s simple to create this summertime favorite.
How To Make Sweet Lemon Water
- 1 gal. of water
- 1 - 1.5 tbs. of lemon extract
- 1 - 1.5 tbs. citric acid
- 1.5 - 2 cups sugar or sugar substitute
- Garnish (optional) - mint, rosemary, lemons, honey
Step By Step:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- Once water is at a boil, add in your sugar and citric acid, stir to dissolve
- Once sugar mixture is dissolved set aside to cool
- Fill your drink dispenser with 12 cups of cold water
- Add cooled sugar mixture, lemon extract, and desired amount of ice to remaining water in drink dispenser
- Stir and let cool
- Add any additional garnishes and serve chilled
- Pro Tip: Rub a lemon wedge to the rim of each glass and dip in coarse sugar for a fun way to mix up the look!
*** For event planners: A lemonade bar is the perfect way to add a fun, beautiful, and totally refreshing activity at any event. Provide a variety of different lemonade flavors, (don’t forget the Sweet Lemon Water) and several garnishes of your choice. The lemonade can be served frozen or with ice.